Your feedback really does make a difference to how we deliver our services.
We get lots of feedback and ideas for how we can improve our services - from surveys, consultations, focus groups, Facebook comments, complaints and of course conversations with our housing, maintenance or customer care teams.
We really appreciate your time and listed below are some of the recent improvements we have made by listening to your views.
- We want contractors to provide a better service
- We want contractors that can provide a more reliable service
- We have started working with Alect as our responsive repairs contractor. The new contract is built around customer feedback, and has a much greater focus on customer service than the previous contract
- We have reviewed and updated our Contractor Code of Conduct, which will be issued to all new contractors
- Air source heat pump installers are not performing
- The standard of work from the air source heat pump installer, Dodd Group, is not good enough
- During summer 2022, we temporarily halted installations and had a full service review with Dodd Group
- They are now back on-board, installing air source heat pumps to our expected standards
- We want more scheme visits
- Regular visits to schemes to speak to residents would be beneficial
- Our housing officers have introduced an annual schedule of scheme visits
- We added extra housing officers to our team in 2021
- Nothing changes
- Nothing changes, so what's the point
- Take time to listen to tenants and seriously listen to what they are saying
- We've increased resource in our housing team so our housing officers have more time
- We've increased resource in our maintenance team, and now have a dedicated surveyor for planned works and a dedicated surveyor for compliance and asset management.
- We encourage residents to be 'involved' - to have their say and share ideas - and provide feedback from what they've told us
- We have a new complaints process and always aim for a quick resolution
- We have adopted the Together with Tenant charter, and will be asking for your views on this soon
- We have introduced a Your Idea Matters scheme
- We want a complaints form
- There should be a form for tenants if they want to make a complaint
- We introduced a new online complaints form in April 2021 to make it easy if you'd like to make a complaint
- We'd like more benefits support
- I'd like more individual support from my housing officer about benefits
- Shared owners need more information
- Information for shared owners is not easy to find. The lease you’re given when you buy is ambiguous and the staff at times are not knowledgeable. A pack should be given to new buyer and updates sent out to each homeowner so they know what they are responsible for.
- We've introduced a new online shared owner handbook. This contains information about responsibilities, buying more shares, alterations etc. We decided to do an online version, rather than printed, so it's always up-to-date.
- We introduced a shared owner newsletter; the articles and information included is tailored to shared owners
- We introduced a new shared owner email address, which goes directly to housing team: firstname.lastname@example.org You can use it send queries about anything related to your home or lease
- Shared owners are invited, and encouraged, to get involved and help shape our services
...and we're doing
- We're reviewing our moving in process for shared owners
- Contractor appointments
- Contractors often don't give much notice of appointments and sometimes don't turn up at all
- We have introduced daily meetings with our gas contractor and weekly meetings with our day-to-day contractor to manage issues and complaints