Are you worried about money?


Money issues can affect anyone, whether you’re in employment or receiving benefits. If you're having difficulties, we’re here to help.

If you’re having difficulty paying your rent or your circumstances change, please get in touch with us as soon as possible, as we can help.

If you can’t find the information you’re looking for in the links below, or need further assistance, please talk to your Housing Officer who can help you get the support you need.

  • PDRHA Customer Support Fund

    We've recently launched a new Customer Support Fund to help our customers who have a specific short-term need which they cannot afford and where there is no other help available.

    The fund has been split into three categories:

    • Emergency Support Fund
    • New Home Tenancy Support
    • Opportunity Fund

    Find out more
    Residents and shared owners can apply for funds.
    All applications are subject to a further assessment by phone and funds being available.

  • How else can we help?

    Your housing officer can:

    • provide guidance to help you reduce your debts and manage your money
    • make sure that you get in touch with the right people to help you
    • refer you to free support services that can give you individual, specialised support.

    It's important to get any money and debt issues under control as soon as possible, if you’d like to speak to us about accessing support, please get in touch.

  • Free support services

    There are also lots of free services available online and in your community.

    You’ll find lots of links below to support agencies, tools and information to help you manage your money and make sure you’re receiving all the benefits you’re entitled to.

Support services in Derbyshire

  • Derbyshire County Council - Household Support Fund - to 31 March 2024

    Derbyshire County Council are using part of the Household Support Grant funding to increase the scope of the Derbyshire Discretionary Fund so they can help more residents.

    • Households facing financial hardship can apply directly to the Derbyshire Discretionary Fund for help towards their food, and energy costs.
    • Households can access up to 3 awards in a 12-month period.
    • Payments are £64 per household plus an extra £20 will be provided for a partner or spouse, and each dependent child aged under 19.

    How to apply for the fund

    To find out more or apply for support, please call the Council on 01629 533399.

  • Money Sorted in D2N2 - free support in Derbyshire

    Money Sorted in D2N2 is a free scheme delivered by Citizens Advice. It helps people manage their money better, develop skills and improve confidence when dealing with money.

    Who is it for?

    • Anyone who is experiencing financial difficulties and worries and would like some support
    • living in either Derby or Derbyshire
    • and are unemployed.

    What  support is provided?

    • Personal Navigator providing individual support
    • Assessment of financial wellbeing
    • Personal Financial Resilience Plan
    • Support with current financial circumstances, including debt, benefits, banking and any other aspects
    • Money Mentor option
    • Other support, as relevant to the you
    • It will also help you move toward training or employment

    Find out more

    To find our more about the scheme and how to access their support, please visit the Money Sorted in D2N2 website.

  • Citizens Advice - local, free and impartial advice

    Citizens Advice provide free, independent and impartial advice to help you find a way forward, whatever the problem.

    This includes advice and information on:

    • Benefits
    • Debt and money
    • Housing
    • Health
    • Consumer rights
    • Family rights
    • Legal support

    Their network of charities offers confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person, for free.

    For local support, take a look their website for your area:


    • They also have a national phone AdviceLine: 0800 144 8848 (you'll be put through to a local adviser if one is free)
    • And a dedicated debt helpline: 0800 240 4420
    • Both helplines are available 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
  • Housing support for people experiencing mental ill-health

    The P3 Charity provide tenancy-based support via one-to-one visits in your own home and drop-in sessions at one of their five local support centres.

    They have five support centres across Derbyshire, known as Navigator hubs, in: Buxton, Ilkeston, Matlock, Ripley and Swadlincote

    Find out more: 
    Tel: 01773 742 051

National support

Support with housing and energy bills

Online debt and money management tools

Financial support for older people

  • Age UK

    Age UK offer information and advice through a free, confidential national phone service for older people, their families, friends, carers and professionals.

    They can help with:

    • benefits
    • retirement
    • wellbeing
    • money issues.

    Find out more on the Age UK website or call on 0800 678 1602

You may also find the following pages helpful:

If you have any questions, please contact us on 0300 1234 009 and ask to speak to a member of the housing management team.